For the next couple of weeks I'll be in and out of here, traveling back and forth over some significant distances both for business and professional development consulting in "grading for learning."I was over in the River Canyon for the past two days, and needless to say, I'm in another world over there. In a good sense!
We're going to get further into brain-friendly learning techniques (just getting warmed up!), brain-friendly teaching techniques (I can't wait to tell you about the Vice Principal who screamed at me in the doorway of my in-session eighth grade history class because they objected to one of my brain-friendly policies that became school protocol the following year), and grading for learning. The VP story is a something else, worth a post all by itself.
Just have to fit all that in when my brain can breakaway from travelling, planning, and lesson plan and Power Point (interactive!) revision! (That's what I get for being a single-track, stereotypical male, eh?)
